Talks & Presentations
by Stan Griffin and
1. Introduction to Cacti and Succulents.
A talk to introduce the basic cultivation techniques of succulent care, including a re-potting demonstration. Members may bring along plants to be used and identified. Includes some audience participation.
2. Around the shows in 80 minutes (or thereabouts). Not just a matter of turning up on the day and selling plants. Months of planning and military style execution to present the public with identifiable style and pleasure. Takes us through two years on the show circuit.
3. So you think you have problems! followed by ‘A Travelers' Tale’...a talk describing how Stan began with a hobby and ended up with a business. Plenty of detailed cultivation techniques with interactive audience discussion.
The evening is concluded with a tale of a cactus expedition that was not how it was exactly planned.
4. Moon Valley and back.
First part of a trip to Argentina to see some spectacular countryside and remarkable plants.
5. The Fortress, Yavi and the Jungle.
Second part of the trip to Argentina, the succulent plant hunters dream.
6. Argentina, “the unseen photos”
First steps into digital photography with the shots not captured on slide.
For costs of talks please enquire by calling Stan on 07788 753215 or click here to email.